- Provision of support of many and essential library information systems including the library database-library catalogue (ABCD), Library webbase, the University Institutional Repository IR), and the Library e-resource remote access software (for accessing subscription database resources from off-campus )
- Provision of Information Literacy Training to users
- The department manages and provides online access to library resources, collections, and repositories.
- Liaising with the University, Directorate of Information Communication Technology (DICT) on issues related to security, upgrades, and maintenance, of Library ICT software, equipment and infrastructure
- The Department is responsible for the selection and acquisition of ALL electronic resource materials
- Carrying out annual library book stock evaluation
- Acquisition, processing and automation of Library reference materials
- Overseeing Library computers